Welcome to my daily journal---a place to share my stories, organize my thoughts, and invite others to to catch a glimpse at the general chaos I call life. Some things you'll be able to relate to, and others will make you shake your head in disbelief. At the very least, I hope you're entertained. Feel free to comment, give advice, or just laugh openly and enjoy the show.


Monday, January 3, 2011

PLEASE DON'T FIX ME UP

So...the conversation went something like this...

FRIEND: I know you think needing a man makes you weak, but it doesn't and it's ok to admit that you're lonely
ME: I'm not lonely, I'm fine, the last thing I want is a man...I'm over all of them right now
FRIEND:  Ok, but I've been thinking... I know someone...he's socially awkward, not very attractive and is no fun at all... but I think he's perfect for you
ME:  Well, he sounds wonderful...
FRIEND:  Really, I think you would bring him out of his shell...you could make him fun
ME: Again, great idea
FRIEND:  He loves kids, oh, but he's older than you... how do you feel about that?
ME: After everything you just told me you want to know how I feel about his age?
FRIEND:  Well, we need to set the bar higher for you this time

Good Grief, this is what my life has come down too... fix ups with socially awkward unattractive men or eHarmony... both equally bad as far as I'm concerned and I can say that because I gave eHarmony a try and all it gave me was socially awkward unattractive men!

So I guess setting the bar high means socially awkward unattractive men... OH GOOD, I can't wait to see how this goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment