Welcome to my daily journal---a place to share my stories, organize my thoughts, and invite others to to catch a glimpse at the general chaos I call life. Some things you'll be able to relate to, and others will make you shake your head in disbelief. At the very least, I hope you're entertained. Feel free to comment, give advice, or just laugh openly and enjoy the show.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Rule, not the Exception

So... for the last few months my motto has been "If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always gotten"...and guess what... I'm doing it again.  This last weekend I had dates with 2 different men... and since then I've been struggling with whether or not to go out with Craig again.  Today I came to the realization that he is the kind of guy that I always go for... Really nice looking, great body, not very tall, from the area I grew up in, knows everyone I know, close to my age, likes to drink and have fun.... and where has that gotten me?  NO WHERE I tell ya! (OH and he doesn't like motorcycles...that's a big fat NO!)

Now... Jack is another story... Handsome, tall, successful, world wise, older than me, not from around here, doesn't know anyone I know, has a taste for wine, doesn't mind drinking but doesn't get crazy and the most important part is HE'S A PERFECT GENTLEMAN.  I'm attracted to his personality more than anything.  He's is NOTHING like anyone I've dated EVER!  (He does like Motorcycles... so that is a bonus)

I think Craig and I would definitely have a good time together, but I'm not looking for someone to have a good time with (NOT THAT I'M LOOKING AT ALL) I have lots of friends for that.

Let's just say I was looking (BUT I'M NOT)... If I was looking I would want someone to treat me like a queen... to pour my wine, open my doors, order for me, hold my hand, talk to me over dinner at a nice restaurant...

I've moved the bar up a few notches because I have decided that being treated the way Jack treats me should be the rule, not the exception.  So, whether things progress with Jack or not the bar is set pretty high for anyone else that comes along... and Craig is just a bit under that bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment